Your local board: contact details, what it does and who’s who
135 Dominion Rd, Mt Eden, Private Bag 92300, Auckland 1142
Phone: 09 623 6090
THE Albert Eden Local Board sits on a “second tier” level beneath the governing body of Auckland Council, and represents Pt Chevalier, Waterview, Mt Albert, Mt Eden, Kingsland, Balmoral, Epsom and Greenlane. It is one of local boards established by the Supercity legislation.
Local boards have a significant and wide-ranging role that spans most local government services and activities, says the council. They make decisions on local matters, provide local leadership and support strong local communities.
The boards also provide important local input into region-wide strategies and plans including those of the council-controlled organisations (CCOs).
The council says boards are responsible for:
- Making decisions about non-regulatory local matters, including negotiating the standards of services delivered locally
- Identifying and communicating the views of local people on regional strategies, policies, plans and bylaws to the governing body
- Developing board plans every three years and negotiating local board agreements with the governing body
- Providing local leadership and developing relationships with the governing body, the community, community organisations and special interest groups in the local area
- Providing input to CCO plans and initiatives
- Identifying and developing bylaws for the local board area and proposing them to the governing body
- Monitoring and reporting on the implementation of local board agreements
- Any additional responsibilities delegated by the governing body, such as decisions within regional bylaws.
The Albert Eden Local Board Board members:
The board is dominated by members of the City Vision ticket, which won five of the eight seats at the 2016 local body elections. The remaining three seats were won by members of the Communities and Residents group.
Lee Corrick (Communities and Residents) +64 21 287 4488
Portfolios: Governance and Local Leadership, Community Development. email@example.com
Graeme Easte (City Vision) +64 27 209 7565
Glenda Fryer (deputy chair, City Vision) +64 27 272 0816
Portfolios: Governance and Local Leadership, Sport and Recreation, Community Facilities and Leasing, Parks and Open Spaces and Events, Economic Development. firstname.lastname@example.org
Peter Haynes (chair, City Vision) +64 21 286 5500
Portfolios: Governance and Local Leadership, Arts and culture, Heritage and Urban Design, Environment and Sustainability, Planning.
Rachel Langton (Communities and Residents) +64 21 839 924
Benjamin Lee (Communities and Residents) +64 9 301 0101
Jessica Rose (City Vision) + 64 9 301 0101
Margi Watson (City Vision) +64 21 287 8333