Politics may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but when your local MP is Jacinda Ardern more people are inclined to take an interest.
Mt Albert Inc featured three stories on the Prime Minister in May and they all scored highly on the “must-read” list.
In a month drawing 14,000 separate page views, the story on our MP’s resolve to look after the interests of Mt Albert as the Unitec plan progresses attracted 1245 sets of eyes.
Not too far behind that, with 935 hits, was the story of a local woman going great guns with a business she built from home while raising kids.
Outside Mt Albert, the post that got most mileage was our scoop on a new bylaw that will bring freedoim campers to parks and carparks across the supercity, including Mt Albert, from next summer.
This is how the top 10 worked out, with all stories scoring above 500 hits and the top six each pulling more than 600:
- Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern’s promise to Mt Albert that the Unitec development will be “gold standard”
- Local mum gets some celebrity help to hit world markets for her sunscreen business
- Mt Albert Inc’s thoughts on the upgrade – not perfect but it’s OK
- A Mt Albert Inc survey on how the traffic is flowing
- Auckland Transport doesn’t seem interested, but isn’t there a logical way of easing the village traffic queues?
- The PM joins her electorate at the ceremony to mark the end of the upgrade
- A new bylaw reflecting national legislation will bring freedom camping to local parks
- Three years since the fire at the Four Kauris Medical Centre, the burnt-out hovel still stands
- If we’re such a lovely community, why don’t more people lend a voluntary hand?
- A glowing ERO report for our local secondary school
And just outside the top 10: our local MP shows she has a little bit more to learn about Mt Albert